Wednesday 14 September 2011

topping up the blood bank

We've blogged before, that the crew on board are also a walking blood bank. Until recently I have regularly given samples and been on the list of potential donars but never been called (and quite happy about the fact if I'm honest). My friend Maggie was here working in the lab again this year and she kept saying that as soon as they needed my blood type she'd be sure to call me first. She never did need me, but as soon as she left the Ship they finally had someone with the right blood type and hunted me down on the childrens play deck (there is no hiding from the lab team apparantly). So the proof for Maggie that O Negative isn't totally useless after all...
 I might have smiled more if Maggie had still been here though, you can't help but smile when she is around, even when she is sticking you with a needle :-)

No comments: